Wednesday, February 4, 2009

God needs us, and we need Him... what a relationship.

I am getting baptized this Sunday and I have been focusing on it in the wrong way. I knew I wanted to get baptized and went about it the right way (by having it be between me and God), then "when all my ducks were in a row" I sluffed the whole thing of God and I off and used it to get people to come to church. What a great way to invite people to come but I feel that inviting people has been my focus. Today I read Psalm 28 and it was convicting.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.

This was convicting because I was using His works and pulling in my own joy. I am joyful when people say they are going to come to church, but I needed to realize they are coming to church because of Him.... not me! My heart is completely intrusted in the Lord, and however He uses my baptism for others salvation is wonderful! It is all in His plan!

Getting myself back on focus, I need my baptism to really be about me and God. I am getting baptized to show that I have given up my life for the Lord to use in whatever ways that will advance His kingdom. I pray to God that He uses me, and I have now doubt that He will. While I was journaling about this, I was listening to Shawn McDonald, and his song Take My Hand came on.

Take my hand to the promise land
And on You I want to stand
‘Cause I cannot do it on my own
You're what I need and I need to be
Right by Your side ‘cause I cannot hide
Lord, I know that I need You
Na na na na na na na na na, I need You
Na na na na na na na na na, I need You
Without You I'm so alone
I am weak but You are strong
You pick me up when I'm falling down
And I am crying
Out to You inside of my heart
I need You, Lord, oh so, for the part
I want You to have my life, Jesus
I fall to my knees
And I'm begging You, please, oh, Lord
Won't You change me
Make me new from the inside out
I want to shout out Your name

I thought this song was great to be listening to at this time. I was confessing to God how much I wanted to be used by Him for Him, and in song, He was sharing with me how much I need Him! This is just sooo great! Really the last part of the song is great, Won't you change me, make me new from the inside out.... just really, really great!

We all need God in our lives. Period. And how great is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment