Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Everyday

Lately, I have been thinking of the daily routine. How does my daily routine please the Lord? I read daily, talk to others, go to bible study, go to church.... blah, blah, blah. But am I living for the Lord when I am doing my homework, in class, talking with unbelievers? I know the Lord is with me, but I need to live for Him every second of every day.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing have you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Whatever I do for the Lord will make Him joyful. Why would I not want to do all I can for Him at anytime of the day? Going to school, I am around unbelievers in my classes, in group projects, in my dorm, it is very possible that once a day I will be hearing or I will be part of a conversation about the Lord. Why do I not speak up and tell them the truth? Unbelievers talking about God shows me that they want the Lord, they are searching for that "something." I should be there to help them find the Lord! Not just show them His love but really talk with them, share the gospel, tell them the truth. By doing that, I would make the Lord oh so happy.

Proverbs 10:1
A wise son brings joy to his father;
but a foolish son grief to his mother.

I need, I want, to bring joy to my father in heaven! How do I do that?

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish on another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Fully and completely live for the Lord, that's how.

1 comment:

  1. Randi, you have definitely hit the nail on the head. The Lord is pleased by our obedience paired with trust! (Have you read the book "Life Together" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer? I think you would like it!!) Continue loving and serving those around you, and share the gospel with everyone you meet--use words if necessary. :-)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete