Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tomorrow

James 4:14
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Tomorrow, it is hard not to look to tomorrow right now. I have seven more days, and school will be done for me for the year. My freshman year of college, and I survived.... or I will, hopefully.

Luke 13:33
In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day....

What is my motivation to keep going? God's love. Eternal life with the one who created me. The beauty and glory in heaven that is waiting for me.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

It is also hard not to be anxious about the summer, finals, jobs, summer.... The world stresses out at times like these. I turn to the Lord. He has given me everything I have, and will not give me a task that is too big for me and Him to go through together. Although there is a lot going on, I try to keep my mind on an eternal perspective. What is my Chemistry exam grade going to show for when I get to heaven? Yes, it does matter right now, to pass the class, but on the eternal scale.... it is nearly a speck of sand among a beach.

John 14:14
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Talk to God. Do it. With my relationship with God, I know he is going to guide me where ever he wants me to be. I can ask him for anything, and if it is his will.... I will receive. How wonderful!

Matthew 6:34
Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

1 comment: