Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prayer of living pure

Psalm 119:9-16
It's real simple, to live a pure life, live according to His word (v.9).
This world that we are living in is wicked. When I seek the Lord with all my heart, I pray that the Lord will not let me stray away (v.6).
He promises me that if I walk blameless, he will bless me (Psalm 119:1).
I read the Bible, meditate over what I read (v.15) and learn about God daily. I do this so that the Lords ways may be in my heart so that I will not sin against him (v.11).
I want the Lord to teach me what to do. I want to learn from the Lord. I want to grow in the Lord (v.12).
I will forever repeat his word and his ways (v.13).
His word is my treasure here on this earth. I will rejoice like it is (v.14).
But my treasures in heaven are much more then anything I can imagine here on earth. I will delight in his Word and never make it any less because it is more powerful then I can even
imagine (v.16).

Psalm 119:9-16
9. How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
10. I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray away from your commands.
11. I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12. Praise be to you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13. With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14. I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15. I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16. I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment