Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Prayer

Prayer: the act of communicating with a deity or spirit.

To me, prayer is the communication I have with the God of this World, of this City, of Me. God loves me and he also loves everyone else the exact same. He is my God, my Father, my lover, my bridegroom. To maintain a real and good relationship with my God, I must communicate with Him. Just like anyone would do to keep a strong relationship with anyone else in their life, they must communicate. I want my relationship with God to be the tightest, most closest knit relationship I have. Why? Well, when I go to Heaven, it is me and Him and that is it.

Mark 11:23-25
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go throw yourself into the sea" and does not doubt in his heart but believes in that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your father in heaven may forgive your sins."

Reading this reminds me of what Mr. Bridges told Coach Taylor in Facing the Giants. He read this passage to the Coach to encourage him.

Revelations 3:7-8
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

While praying, I must prepare for my prayers to be answered. This has really been hitting me hard, because I want my prayers to be answered but sometimes I don't believe it is ever going to happen. God's timing is defiantly tough to understand but I have to trust in the Lord. I need to start "preparing my field" for when the Lord sends me rain.

1 comment:

  1. This is great- I have been learning SO much about prayer lately! Not to mention, I absolutely looooove Facing the Giants :)

    ReplyDelete