Friday, January 30, 2009

Starting a Media Fast

So, I decided at the beginning of the year I was going to do a media fast... never done one before. What it is, is I will try to refrain from "feeding" myself with anything that isn't good for me. We do this for food, why not do it for our souls?

These are my rules:
1. No secular music (so only Christian artists, singing for the Lord).
2. Facebook for only 30 minutes a day to answer wall posts or messages. Before going on, I must have a reason to go on as well.... I cannot go on looking for something to write.
3. No TV.
4. Christian movies (Facing the Giants, Narnia...) with a G or PG rating.
5. Text books, Christian books, and the Bible are the things I may read.
6. I can only text to communicate necessary items.
7. On the Internet, I must only read Christian based articles.

I know this month is going to be hard. But I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to teach me through this. I am doing it to get closer to Him. And I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited to do this Media Fast with you! There are two really cool music videos by Casting Crowns that I saw the other day, and I am really excited to share them with you.

    ReplyDelete